Privacy Policies of Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc.
Last Modified: December 16, 2029
Table of Contents
- Children under the Age of 16
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
- Data Security
- Contact Information
- Privacy Form
IntroductionWe at Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. ® ("Company", "Us" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.plazahomemortgage.com and any other Company owned and/or operated websites (collectively, our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It also applies to information collected by:
- Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children under the Age of 16Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at Privacy@plazahomemortgage.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect ItWe collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to UsThe information you provide to us through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including your contact information if you provide it), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection TechnologiesAs you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, frequency of visits, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your InformationWe use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for business purposes as follows:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For our operational purposes, and the operation purposes of our service providers and integration partners.
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our services.
- Auditing consumer interactions on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other business purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know at Privacy@plazahomemortgage.com. For more information, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your InformationWe may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., our customers, or others.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your InformationWe strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to Privacy@plazahomemortgage.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your InformationYou may also send us an email at Privacy@plazahomemortgage.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Additional Privacy Rights for California ResidentsIf you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to Privacy@plazahomemortgage.com or write us at: Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., Attn: Privacy Concern, 6420 Sequence Drive, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121. California Civil Code Section § 1798.100 et al. (also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act or CCPA) mandates the following disclosures to "consumers" (as that term is defined in the CCPA): Company may collect personal information about you that may include the following categories:
- Personal identification numbers (social security, driver license, passport);
- Personal information (date of birth, marital status, number of dependents, demographics);
- Banking and investment information (bank or other financial institution names and account numbers, balances and records);
- Loan and credit information (credit card, auto or student or other loans account numbers, balances, and records);
- Credit reports (Including credit histories and credit scores); and
- Employment and income information (W-2s, W-9s, 1099s, paystubs).
Company may share your personal information with others as part of the loan evaluation process and, if your loan closes, with loan servicers and investors. Company may also share your personal information with state and federal regulatory authorities and agencies in accordance with laws and regulations governing our business or to comply with other legal obligations.
Company does not sell your personal information.
You have a right to request that Company provide you with the categories of and specific personal information it has collected from you, the categories of sources of that information, the business purpose of collecting personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom Company shares that information, and Company must provide that to you upon verifying your identity.
You have a right to request that Company delete personal information that it has collected about you. However, to the extent that Company is required to retain that information in order to provide ongoing services to you or to meet other legal or regulatory requirements, Company is not obligated to delete your personal information.
In order for you to submit requests to Company concerning your personal information, you may contact Company by clicking on this LINK or calling our Toll Free number 1.855.919.0955.
Data SecurityWe have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Concern
9808 Scranton Road, Suite 3000
San Diego, CA 92121
via email at: Privacy@plazahomemortgage.com
or via our toll-free number:
You may use the secure form below to submit your request for disclosure of your personal information or your request to delete information. Upon receipt, you will be contacted in order to establish the method to verify your identity before we proceed.
Last modified: 12/16/2019