Reporting to the Supervisor of Business Services, the Document Classification Specialist will be responsible for providing support to the loan production operations team by indexing and classifying loan documents from a central location. Primary responsibilities include accurate identification and processing of incoming documents. The ideal candidate will have experience working with electronic imaging, familiarity with mortgage loan documents, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To fulfill that role, the Specialist will:
- Monitor inbound documents and assist with indexing and classifying those documents.
- Identify and correct misclassified documents.
- Track misclassified documents and assist in the correction of systems to prevent misclassification of same documents in the future.
- Assist with the launching and training of associates through conference calls and webinars.
- Adhere to achievement-based performance metrics established by management.
- Demonstrate positive, corporative behavior in a corporate office environment.
Primary tasks/responsibilities include:
- On a day-to-day basis work within Plaza’s imaging system to ensure the proper labeling of documents.
- Cross train among the Business Services teams.
- Data entry as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience and Education:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year administrative or similar experience.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Meticulous organization and attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform in a diverse, multi-task environment.
- Requires the ability to multitask, manage time, and well work under pressure.
- Ability to execute basic functions with computer hardware and software.
- Must be able to work extended hours during critical times as needed.