Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national Wholesale Mortgage Banker located in the UTC area, has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Underwriting Loan Coordinator with our National Correspondent Division.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker.
Plaza’s mission is to become the premier provider of mortgage loans by developing a distinct, sustainable competitive advantage through superior execution of a business philosophy that combines knowledge, technology, and service. Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is dedicated to building long term relationships with both customers and employees through quality training, and excellent customer support.
Our ideal Underwriting Loan Coordinator candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
Handles a variety of complex customer and operational transactions requiring a high degree of flexibility and time management skills. Assist Account Executive(s) and Operations staff in file flow, priority and status calls to customers. Will take direction from Operations Manager and/or Underwriting Manager at branch when required. Must have general knowledge of product guidelines to assist with loan placement. May sign off on underwriting conditions that are both non credit qualifying and credit qualifying depending on authority.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
1. Work directly with clients to provide training and support for loan delivery.
2. Assist with the processing of more complex loan approvals and documentation requests and lock extensions.
3. Receive notifications of document upload and upload documents received via email to document repository.
4. Reviews indexed documents for completeness and updates systems
5. Orders vendor services prior to file delivery to underwriting and retrieve vendor reports necessary to complete processing of loan
6. Assist with appraisal orders and retrieval of appraisal orders
7. May sign off on non-underwriting and underwriting conditions if authority to do so granted by manager.
8. Validate AUS is released or run AUS, order new credit report, as required
9. May be responsible for assisting closing or operations staff in other duties as assigned.
10. Ensures all necessary documentation is received from customer to turn over to underwriter for review, as needed.
11. Compliance Review necessary to move loan to closing, which may include the following:
· Complete pre-closing document checklist, review and validation of fees and documents required to generate closing documents
· Verify SPL is in file with at least one service provider
· Verify Fee Sheets and Doc Orders are in file for closing
· Complete fee collection validation and verify all third party invoices are in the file
· Review GFE meets RESPA requirement for dates and fees, matches system for floating or locked
· Monitor borrower acknowledgement of disclosure receipt and appraisal delivery
12. Operations Support may include the following:
· Index unfiled documents
· Task file to Underwriter or Closing Department
· Update system notes with relevant information or comments
· Complete checklists and/or worksheets as required
· Review documents and conditions
· Send status updates via email, task or other communication
13. May order FHA Case number assignments
14. Pipeline Management:
· Pull daily pipeline and lock report and notify AE for expiration dates upcoming
· Call brokers when expiration dates are pending, as required
· Assist Branch Operations with 30 day pipeline report and review
· Assign loans for cancellation or denial that are aged
· Manage pipeline throughout life of loan
15. Main point of contact for Brokers and Correspondents and AE’s to inquire for status and ask questions
16. Other duties may be assigned
This position requires a high school degree or equivalent with current knowledge of the mortgage banking industry a plus. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work, the ability to manage time, multi-task, and prioritize work in a high paced environment with heavy volume of transactions. Additional qualifications required include a solid commitment to customer and employee service, outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills, and incumbent must possess the ability to work in both a team and individual environment. Position also requires proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), knowledge of internet browsers, and Mortgage lending application experience (e.g., Calyx Point, DataTrac). Incumbent must be able to use independent judgment skills to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures, have working knowledge of loan program products and services, policies, and requirements of a HUD regulated lending institution and have the ability to monitor and oversee loan production pipelines.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter along with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please make sure to indicate the position and location you are interested in as the subject of your email.
Plaza Home Mortgage offers a full benefit packet and a great work environment. Please visit us at www.plazahomemortgage.com. Plaza Home Mortgage is an equal opportunity employer.