Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national Wholesale Mortgage Banker located in the UTC area, has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Junior Underwriter with our National Correspondent Division.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker.
Plaza’s mission is to become the premier provider of mortgage loans by developing a distinct, sustainable competitive advantage through superior execution of a business philosophy that combines knowledge, technology, and service. Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is dedicated to building long term relationships with both customers and employees through quality training, and excellent customer support.
Our ideal Junior Underwriting candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
Responsible for assisting the Underwriters in set up and review of residential loan file documents. Knowledge and experience with basic underwriting documentation and the qualifying requirements for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac residential mortgage loans. Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA and Jumbo loan programs not required but desirable. Experience should include loan specialization in areas such as wholesale mortgage lending operations, underwriting functions and/or equivalent experience in loan processing. May sign off on underwriting conditions that are both non credit qualifying and credit qualifying depending on authority.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
1. Knowledge of FHA, FNMA, and FMLMC documentation and general guidelines/standards.
2. Additionally, experience with VA and USDA preferred but not required.
3. Proficiency with DU/DO, LP, FHA Connection, and USDA GUS preferred but not required.
4. Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner.
5. Order Case Number’s
6. Assist in resolving branch post closing investor suspense issues.
7. Time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals.
8. May sign off on non-underwriting and underwriting conditions, if authority to do so granted by manager.
9. Perform accurate data validation of file
10. As a liaison, communicate loan decision and conditions to CSR’s, brokers and correspondent clients
11. Assist manager with compiling/distributing underwriting reports each month
12. Effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals
13. Must be able to work in a production/flexible environment
· May be granted Level I Underwriting Authority for the following tasks:
· May Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an AUS system for Conventional loans, to determine borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage debt.
· Review credit documents for completeness and accuracy.
· Perform detailed review of appraisal for one-to-four family residential properties to determine acceptability of security for sale to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well as loans sold to investors.
· Evaluate risk to ensure a prudent decision is made.
· Approval authority based on level authority limits authorized by the company.
· Partner with sales to ensure mortgage applications are originated efficiently and in compliance with all Plaza Home Mortgage regulatory requirements, especially as it pertains to Underwriting.
14. Other duties as assigned
This position requires a high school degree or equivalent with current knowledge of the mortgage banking industry a plus. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work, the ability to manage time, multi-task, and prioritize work in a high paced environment with heavy volume of transactions. Additional qualifications required include a solid commitment to customer and employee service, outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills, and incumbent must possess the ability to work in both a team and individual environment. Position also requires proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), knowledge of internet browsers, DataTrac, paperless file environment, image software repository, and Automated Underwriting Systems (AUS). Incumbent must be able to use independent judgment skills to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures, have working knowledge of loan program products and services, policies, and requirements of a HUD regulated lending institution and have the ability to monitor and oversee loan production pipelines. Previous Underwriting experience is required to be eligible for Level 1 Underwriting Authority.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter along with their resume to email@example.com, please make sure to indicate the position and location you are interested in as the subject of your email.
Plaza Home Mortgage offers a full benefit packet and a great work environment. Please visit us at www.plazahomemortgage.com. Plaza Home Mortgage is an equal opportunity employer.